Friday, January 23, 2009

Teacher Education Handbook

The Teacher Education Handbook had a lot of very interesting details in it. Being a student from Canada, I had no idea how the certification and degree-seeking worked. After having read this handbook, I knew basically everything I had to know. I learnt about the history of our university and that the Education program mission is as follows: "Preparing leaders of vision in a learning community dedicated to academic excellence, spiritual growth and service." I also enjoyed the lists of what these three aspects were. I find that the outcomes of the program are very realistic and I can see myself reaching every single one of them, and improving the skills I already do have. Having everything written in front of you in detail makes decisions a lot easier. I also really enjoy how we are going to be getting so much field experience in our stay at Finlandia, and I think with that experience will come the confidence needed to become an excellent teacher. I also really liked the list about what we will achieve on page 40 and 41 of the handbook. Again, being a student from Canada, I thought it was pretty interesting to read about the Michigan standards, and compare them to the Canadian ones. I saw that the GPA you need to maintain is 2.70 overall, so I guess that means I will have to study hard and do well in all my classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment